Jurisdiction for use:
This site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK.
This site is governed by the laws of the country of the UK within which you reside and any dispute or action arising out of this site shall be determined in accordance with such laws.
Accuracy and Validity of Information:
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained within these pages is accurate and up-to-date, it is nonetheless supplied on an “as is” basis and accordingly we do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions. If you are in any doubt as to the validity of information made available within these pages, we recommend you seek verification by contacting us.
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure this website is always accessible we will not be held liable if, for any reason, the website is unavailable for any period. We may also have to suspend access to the website for routine or emergency updates and maintenance but we will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum. In addition we cannot warrant that this website will be free of viruses or defects of any description and we will not be held responsible for any technical problems you may suffer as a result of your use of this website.
At Oxford Mortgage Company Ltd, we look after your details carefully. We adhere strictly to the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and we’re registered on the public register of data controllers which is overseen by the Information Commissioner.
This policy describes how we collect, use and look after the information you provide us with when you use our online and mobile services and when we provide you with our products and services.
Data Collection & Use:
We normally collect your:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number,
- Information on how you use our website, including details of your domain name and Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, how long you stayed on a page, the route you took to navigate through the pages and the website that you visited prior to accessing our site;
- Information about your use of Personal Touch services;
- Other data, from time to time, for example now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire, just so you can let us know how we’re doing.
Collecting this information helps us better understand what you need from us. We use it to offer you products and services that we think will suit you as your circumstances change, and to improve your browsing and service experience with us. The main uses of your data are:
- To provide your services;
- To provide you with service information and updates;
- To provide access to privileged areas of the website;
- To enable us to review, develop and improve our products, services and special offers;
- To carry out market research;
- To profile your usage and utilisation of our services;
- To send you details of appropriate products, services, special offers and rewards.
When you apply for or use products and services supplied by us, you also agree to our General Terms and Conditions. These set out the purposes for which we may use your personal information, and to whom it may be disclosed. Please refer to our General Terms and Conditions for full details. A copy can be requested by emailing email@example.com
Sharing Data & Disclosure:
We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal details to any third parties, except:
- When required to do so by law
- In response to a valid legal request by a law enforcement officer, government agency or other regulatory authority
- When you have explicitly or implicitly given your consent
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, although you can choose not to. To ensure you get the best from our website, we advise that users keep cookies active on their machine whilst visiting our website. You can manually disable and enable cookies on your PC. The process will depend on your browser and is usually part of your ‘Security Settings’.
For further information about managing and disabling cookies, you can refer to your browser’s help section or user guide. Alternatively, the Interactive Advertising Bureau has produced a series of web pages (see www.allaboutcookies.org) which explain to users how cookies work and can be managed.
3rd party Links:
Please be aware that our site may provide access to other web sites by linking to them. We are not responsible for the data policies (including data protection and cookies), content or security of these linked web sites.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You’re welcome to ask us what information we have about you, any time you like. If you need us to send it to you, it will cost £10, which is the amount we are permitted to charge under the Information Commissioner’s guidelines regarding Subject Access Requests – and which only covers the cost of our administration.
If you’d like us to send your information, you can write to our team at the address below enclosing a cheque for £10 made payable to [Personal Touch Financial Services Ltd]. We will also require that you confirm your identity by sending us a copy of a suitable identity document such as a passport or driving license, plus proof of address.
Data Protection Officer, Personal Touch Financial Services Ltd, Trinity 3, Trinity Park, Solihull, Birmingham, B37 7ES.
If any of the details we hold about you are incorrect, please let us know and we’ll amend them right away or if your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the change by emailing email@example.com
We may contact you for example, with updates to your services.
We may also, subject to your consent, use your personal information to contact you with information about special offers and rewards. Please don’t worry; your details won’t be shared with companies outside Oxford Mortgage Company Ltd for marketing purposes without your consent.
Once you have given us the consent referred to above, from time to time we may contact you by mail, telephone, email, other electronic messaging services (such as text, voice, sound or image messages including using automated calling systems) or fax with information about our products and services.
If you’re already receiving information from us then don’t worry, you don’t need to do anything. We’ll assume that you’re happy to continue receiving information unless we hear from you.
In the unlikely event you no longer wish to receive such information from us, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and while we take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will not ask you for any account identification and/or authentication passwords or PIN numbers in an unsolicited phone call or unsolicited email, if you do receive unsolicited contact asking you for security information, please treat these with extreme caution. You are responsible for keeping your password and login details secure and you should not disclose them to anyone.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is virus protected. Oxford Mortgage Company Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss you may suffer as a result of accessing or downloading information from this site.
Notification of Changes:
We may update this policy from time to time as our information practices are modified or changed. If we make any material changes to this policy that affects your personal information, we will notify you by emailing the e-mail address specified in your account or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any comments or queries concerning the website or believe any information on this site is inaccurate or have any suggestions on how the content of this site could be improved, please contact us using the most convenient contact details below:
Oxford Mortgage Company Ltd
28 Market Square
Customer Privacy Notice
Oxford Mortgage Company Ltd (our Firm, we, our, us) an Appointed Representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network a trading name of Personal Touch Financial Services Limited (Our Network)
Why are we asking you to read this document?
During the course of dealing with us we will ask you to provide us with detailed personal information relating to your existing circumstances, your financial situation and, in some cases, your health and family health history (Your Information). We would like to explain to you what we will need to do with Your Information, and the various rights you have in relation to Your Information.
What do we mean by “Your Information”?
Your Information means any information describing or relating to you. Your Information may identify you directly, for example your name, address, date of birth, National Insurance number and the like. Your Information may also identify you indirectly, for example, your employment situation, your physical and mental health history, or any other information that could be associated with your cultural or social identity.
In the context of providing you with assistance in relation to your mortgage and/or insurance requirements Your Information may include:
- Title, names, date of birth, gender, nationality, civil/marital status, contact details, addresses and documents that are necessary to verify your identity
- Employment and remuneration information, (including salary/bonus schemes/overtime/sick pay/other benefits), employment history
- Bank account details, tax information, loans and credit commitments, personal credit history, sources of income and expenditure, family circumstances and details of dependents
- Health status and history, details of treatment and prognosis, medical reports (further details are provided below specifically with regard to the processing we may undertake in relation to this type of information)
- Any pre-existing mortgage and/or insurance products and the terms and conditions relating to these
The basis upon which our Firm will deal with Your Information
When we speak with you about your mortgage and/or insurance requirements we do so on the basis that a contract for the supply of services is in place between us. In order to perform that contract, and to arrange the products you require, we have the right to use Your Information for the purposes we set out below.
Alternatively, either in the course of initial discussions with you or when the contract between us has come to an end for whatever reason, we have the right to use Your Information provided it is in our legitimate business interest to do so and your rights are not affected. For example, we may need to respond to requests from mortgage lenders, insurance providers and our Network relating to the advice we have given to you, or to make contact with you to seek feedback on the service you received.
On occasion, we will use Your Information to enable us to meet any contractual responsibilities we may owe our Network, or for wider compliance with any legal or regulatory obligation to which we might be subject. If this were to arise we would be processing Your Information in order to meet a legal, compliance or other regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
The basis upon which we will process certain parts of Your Information
Where you ask us to assist you with your insurance needs, in particular life insurance and insurance that may assist you in the event of an accident or illness, we will ask you information about your ethnic origin, your health and medical history (Your Special Data). We will record and use Your Special Data in order to make enquiries of insurance providers in relation to insurance products that may meet your needs and to provide you with advice regarding the suitability of any product that may be available to you.
If you have parental responsibility for children under the age of 16 it is also very likely that we (and consequently our Network) will record information on our systems that relates to those children and potentially, to their Special Data.
The arrangement of certain types of insurance may involve disclosure by you to us of information relating to historic or current criminal convictions or offences (together “Criminal Disclosures”). This is relevant to insurance related activities such as underwriting, claims and fraud management.
Your Special Data and any Criminal Disclosures will be used by us in the same way as Your Information generally, as set out in this Customer Privacy Notice.
When we process your Special Data and any Criminal Disclosures we do so on the basis that it is in the substantial public interest to be able to provide vital insurance products and as permitted by UK data protection related laws and regulations from time to time. Information on Special Category Data and Criminal Disclosures must be capable of being exchanged freely between insurance intermediaries such as our Firm, and insurance providers, to enable customers to secure the important insurance protection that their needs require.
How do we collect Your Information?
We will collect and record Your Information from a variety of sources, but mainly directly from you. You will usually provide information during the course of our initial meetings or conversations with you to establish your circumstances and needs and preferences in relation to mortgages and insurance. You will provide information to us verbally and in writing, including email.
We may also obtain some information from third parties, for example, credit checks, information from your employer, and searches of information in the public domain such as the voters roll. If we use technology solutions to assist in the collection of Your Information, such as software that is able to verify your identity on-line or to access your credit status and/or bank account entries, then you will be required to provide your consent for us or our nominated processor to access your information in this manner, and details of how such software operates will be provided to you prior to the activation of the service.
What happens to Your Information when it is disclosed to us?
In the course of handling Your Information we will:
- record and store Your Information in our paper files, mobile devices and on our computer systems (websites, email, hard drives, cloud facilities) and it will be accessed by employees and consultants within, or contractors engaged, by our Firm as necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service
- submit Your Information to mortgage lenders and/or insurance product providers, both in paper form and on-line via mortgage lender/insurance provider systems, in order to progress any enquiry or application made on your behalf and to deal with any additional questions or administrative issues that mortgage lenders and insurance providers may raise
- input Your Information, along with full details of the mortgage and/or insurance, discussed with you or which you have taken out, to the computer systems of our Network
- use Your Information for the purposes of responding to any queries you may have in relation to any mortgage product or insurance policy you may take out, or to inform you of any developments in relation to those products and/or polices of which we might become aware
Sharing and transferring Your Information
From time to time Your Information will be shared with or transferred to:
- our Network
- to mortgage lenders and insurance providers
- third parties who we believe will be able to assist us with your enquiry or application, or who are able to support your needs as identified, such third parties will include but may not be limited to, product specialists (including those within our Network and other Appointed Representatives of the Network), estate agents, providers of legal services such as conveyancing, surveyors and valuers (in each case where we believe this to be required due to your particular circumstances).
In each case for the purposes set out in this customer privacy notice, i.e. to progress your mortgage and/or insurance enquiry and to provide you with our professional services.
Please note that this sharing of Your Information does not entitle such third parties to send you marketing or promotional messages: it is shared for the purpose of ensuring we can adequately fulfil our responsibilities to you, and as otherwise set out in this Customer Privacy Notice.
These parties may be located in the UK or elsewhere in the world where different privacy laws may apply which may not offer the same level of protection as UK law. We only make these arrangements or transfers where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect any information held in that country and that the service provider acts at all times in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
The basis upon which our Network will deal with Your Information, Your Special Data and Criminal Disclosures
Our Network is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our Network is responsible for the quality of the advice that we provide to you in relation to your mortgage and/or insurance products, where those products are regulated by the FCA. In the course of doing so, our Network will also process Your Information generally, including Your Special Data and Criminal Disclosures.
In the course of handling Your Information and Your Special Data/Criminal Disclosures our Network will:
- record and store Your Information and Your Special Data/Criminal Disclosures on Network systems run on secure servers. Your Information and Your Special Data/Criminal Disclosures will be accessed by authorised employees and consultants within, or engaged, by the Network as necessary for the purposes of supervision, training, quality audits, customer surveys and complaint handling or otherwise to comply with any other legal or regulatory obligation the Network may have
- use, and where appropriate transmit, Your Information and Your Special Data/Criminal Disclosures to respond to any request from the FCA, the Financial Ombudsman Service, HMRC, the Office of the Information Commissioner or any other regulatory, law enforcement or governmental body
- need to access and process Your Information and Your Special Data/Criminal Disclosures to deal with enquiries received from mortgage lenders and insurance providers that relate to the service this Firm has provided to you, including the payment of any commission or fees to us that may be linked to the product you have taken out.
Your Information and Your Special Data/Criminal Disclosures will be retained by our Network either electronically or in paper format for a minimum of six years and possibly for a longer period where this is required to enable the Network to fulfil its legal and regulatory obligations.
Security and retention of Your Information
Your privacy is important to us and we will keep Your Information secure in accordance with our legal responsibilities. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard against Your Information being accessed unlawfully or maliciously by a third party, accidentally lost, destroyed or damaged.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information to us, such as not sending confidential information over unprotected email, ensuring email attachments are password protected or encrypted and only using secure methods of postage when original documentation is sent to us.
Your Information will be retained by us either electronically or in paper format for a minimum of six years, or if longer than six years, the duration of this Firm’s relationship with you.
Your rights in relation to Your Information
- request copies of Your Information that is under our control
- ask us to further explain how we use Your Information
- ask us to correct, delete or require us to restrict or stop using Your Information (details as to the extent to which we can do this will be provided at the time of any such request)
- ask us to send an electronic copy of Your Information to another organisation should you wish
- change the basis of any consent you may have provided to enable us to market to you in the future (including withdrawing any consent in its entirety)
How to make contact with our Firm in relation to the use of Your Information
If you have any questions or comments about this document, or wish to make contact in order to exercise any of your rights set out within it please contact: Oxford Mortgage Company Ltd on 01869 814418
If we feel we have a legal right not to deal with your request, or to action it in different way to how you have requested, we will inform you of this at the time.
You should also make contact with us as soon as possible on you becoming aware of any unauthorised disclosure of Your Information, so that we may investigate and fulfil our own regulatory obligations.
If you have any concerns or complaints as to how we have handled Your Information or Your Special Data/Criminal Disclosures you may lodge a complaint with the UK’s data protection regulator, the ICO, who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.